Time sure does go fast!
I'm enjoying the last week of our summer school holidays,
attempting to bring the very thirsty garden back to life and get the house back in order.
Our eldest has had rowing camp which means 6am starts every day for the last 4 days (only 2 more to go!)
Its actually been lovely to get up early with him and then go walking before the sun and heat hit.
Clearing my mind and helping me plan the next 12 months - also trying to not get so far ahead of myself......... BALANCE is the key
|Australian Flowering Gum tree|
February can tend to be one of the hottest months of the year in Sydney - just when your trying to get back into routine with school and work the hot still nights kick in, at least I know that nice cool March is only around the corner.
before I know it, it will be Autumn......
with the cool crisp mornings and bare tree's
no more mangoes, watermelon & swimming everyday
Over the Summer I haven't blogged as much as usual, I have however been very active on Instagram!
my handle is
Its nice to look back over our trip away and see all the lovely colours of summer
I have managed a very limited amount of time in "The Shed" in the last 6 days home.
I finished a single bed Denim quilt much to my relief! Its so nice to finish something....
I also laid out all my unfinished bits and pieces
from left to right
- A basic squares quilt for a tutorial I'm late with (sorry)
- Two blocks from the swoon quilt pattern by Camille Roskelley made out of my Spoonflower fabrics - another 7 to go.......
- A applique pattern I started on my summer beach holiday, inspired by Kim McLean here is a look at some of her patterns (I couldn't find her blog or website sorry)
- A test block for a pattern I made for Windham Fabrics (free PDF download)
- The Owl Block which is to become a big quilt (pattern being created)
- lastly down below we have a very long over due project made using a template that I have created and really should be finished and listed in my ETSY store ASAP!
and I also became slightly side tracked this morning sorting through my scrap basket and started putting fabric aside to make a Scrappy Trip along Quilt, Its all over Instagram at the moment and its been very hard not to start one!
I'm off to enjoy my kids company and eat an ice cream :)) & swim in the pool