sorry I've been quiet.....
Its School holidays here in Sydney Australia & everything in my normal working week goes out the window. 3/4 of the kids go back to school tomorrow - fingers crossed I get all my bits n pieces finished off this week and handed over.
I've had a few emails asking about fabrics I had used in recent quilts that appeared in Modern Patchwork
I very excitingly had three quilts appear in the new Interweave publication & one was on the cover :)
The Fabrics for the Yellow wide Stripe quilt
- all the text fabric is from my spoonflower BeaSpokeQuilts shop
- The yellow flower is a Robert Kaufman Fabric
- White homespun
- The binding is a grey & white honeycomb
- the yellow check is Unknown!
I bought it as an end of bolt special at Material Obsession a long long time ago (before they moved), If anyone can help name it Id appreciate it or even maybe let me know of a similar fabric design thats currently around?
The Fabric for the Monochromatic Text Quilt is all from my spoonflower designs
& the binding is the grey & white honeycomb again
the back is pieced of all my left over bits n pieces
The Linen Square Block Quilt is Made out of
- Natural linen
- the inside square is linen
- the first frame is Liberty of London pink Paisley
- the second frame is Isso Echo, it might be tricky to find
- the third frame is Anna Maria Horner Little Folks Village Path
- the fourth is by Working CLOTH although it appears the pink is no longer made!
Hopefully that helps....
If not then let me know how I can help by commenting on this post or
Im also on twitter
Below is a bit of a look at what I have achieved in the holidays
This is the Swoon block I've been working on, I'm waiting on more fabric to arrive from my Spoonflower shop so that I can finish it all off.
below is a bit of a look at a project I did for the Fat Quarterly Team
This one was done earlier in the year - I'm busting to show you all
and here I have some bits and pieces from a quilt I'm making for The Lovely Ladies at CLOTH Fabric
Its a great weight fabric to work with and fantastic colour range.
Have a sticky beak at the online store - they currently have some swatch book bundles for sale which would make a great addition to a quilt.
Fingers Crossed for a productive week.......