About Me

My photo
Sydney, NSW, Australia
Craft/ food story Developer, Writer & Photographer for Newspapers & Magazines. first Book on Quilts out March 2015 with @Interweave All images and content belong to Siobhan Rogers, if you would like to use my images please email me.

Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Quilt for a Little Miss


I'm making a quilt for a very special 5 year old Girl.

Its a bit high pressured making a quilt for other people - children especially. 


Riffling through my fabric cupboard I happened across some Heather Ross Far Far Away 2 fabric. 

Bingo! exactly right for this little girl.

I forgot I had it...... Its circa 2010, that seems a life time ago.

I never quite had the right project for it and it somehow ended up at the bottom of the cupboard - forgotten till now.




I've teamed it up with a fat Quarter bundle I won (yes I won it!) in the I heart February linky contest with Pink Chalk Studio

First thing I have ever won - honestly!

The Colours mixed in Beautifully with the Heather Ross Far Far Away 2 fabrics.







I had no real plan, I cut big rectangle blocks of the far far away fabric - attempting to showcase the illustrations.

Then Framing them in the solids


I added in a yellow solid frame for a spark of interest


mixed the colours around a bit....


Then decided to add another boarder and to make the blocks square.

Hopefully tomorrow I'll get to finish the top off. 

In the mean time my own miss 5 yrs has decided that this is the best quilt in the world and doesn't want me to give it away (how predictable). So I have scoured etsy for Heather Ross fabrics & bought some to make her a new quilt with. I've gone with the horses & guitar prints - very up her alley.

I had no idea how hard it was to get hold of & then it got me thinking that its been a long time since Heather has had a new range out.......Hopefully something comes out soon.


Xx Siobhan



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...