About Me

My photo
Sydney, NSW, Australia
Craft/ food story Developer, Writer & Photographer for Newspapers & Magazines. first Book on Quilts out March 2015 with @Interweave All images and content belong to Siobhan Rogers, if you would like to use my images please email me.

Monday, July 11, 2011

Melbourne in less than 48hrs

*warning swear word lower in the post :)


 last weekend my husband & I flew into Melbourne for the Victorian Cancer Council Art Awards opening exhibition. My Fabric of Life Art Work was selected to be exhibited.Lots of very inspiring work and challenging stories of cancer.If your around Melbourne go check it out.


The only advantage of getting up at 4:30am on a Saturday for a 6am flight from Sydney. 

if you look really really close you can see my name :)
 



part of the exhibition at 120 Collins St Melbourne.


We managed to pack in a fair bit of walking, although I hadn't been to Melbourne since having kids, I had been a fair few times before.
We enjoyed walking around, drinking coffee & eating lots of food. Not much had changed since we last had been, which was nice.







This is for one of my good friends who has Celiac Disease, not what you expect walking down the street but it was Fitzroy :)

 
Melbourne has some fantastic lane ways and art everywhere
Our Hotel - great view


the only thing we bought in the shopping capital of Australia is these two mugs! my new favourite in ceramics is Bison - check them out beautiful simple shapes and colour. I wanted to buy a mug in every colour!

One more week of school holidays.

I'm currently working out my teaching schedule for next term and possibly whilst I'm home I should be working on my huge pile of quilts that need binding :(

and patterns that need finishing and hunting down some editors that I need deadline info from............ back to normal kaos.
which funnily enough puts a big smile on my face - what would life be without the happy kaos.

Xx Siobhan

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...