About Me

My photo
Sydney, NSW, Australia
Craft/ food story Developer, Writer & Photographer for Newspapers & Magazines. first Book on Quilts out March 2015 with @Interweave All images and content belong to Siobhan Rogers, if you would like to use my images please email me.

Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Continuing on

With the theme of little things 
(small projects)


This is actually a project that was cut from a magazine story (as does happen), so I thought I'd show you all.



These little place mats are so incredibly quick and easy to put together




I placed my sandwich together (back material - wadding- top material)adhesive sprayed it all together in a large rectangle.



I then found a plate the size I wanted and traced the plate onto the fabric. 

I then cut the shape out and machine quilted some straight lines - working from the middle out.



To finish off I used some pre made liberty binding.

Voila ! Done

I'm off to Melbourne this weekend for the Victorian Cancer Council Art Awards, Very excited to be going and seeing my work on display.

Any last minute tips on what to do or who to see???

Siobhan Xx

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...