About Me

My photo
Sydney, NSW, Australia
Craft/ food story Developer, Writer & Photographer for Newspapers & Magazines. first Book on Quilts out March 2015 with @Interweave All images and content belong to Siobhan Rogers, if you would like to use my images please email me.

Friday, March 2, 2012

Last cake for awhile!


My cooking days are over for awhile.........
no more birthdays till May in our household

Miss 10 requested a baked cheese cake and has also recently developed a fixation on all sweets coffee flavoured (possibly not a good sign?!)

Coffee cheese cake it was!
with a chocolate biscuit & hazelnut base and Vanilla whipped cream on top


I was a bit worried the kids wouldn't actually like the coffee flavour so I also made a traditional version as well




The recipe I used can be found back here

To make the coffee version 
omit the lemon rind & juice & raspberries

replace with
2 table spoons of instant coffee
mixed with 3 table spoons of warm water
mix the corn flour into the coffee mixture and add to the cheese mixture.

whip 300ml thickened cream add a touch of raw caster sugar, vanilla paste and pipe on top, sprinkle with demerara sugar.

Kids loved it and I think we will be living on cheese cake for the weekend!

Could be worse ;)


Xx Siobhan 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...