About Me

My photo
Sydney, NSW, Australia
Craft/ food story Developer, Writer & Photographer for Newspapers & Magazines. first Book on Quilts out March 2015 with @Interweave All images and content belong to Siobhan Rogers, if you would like to use my images please email me.

Sunday, May 13, 2012

Mothers



The whole Mother thing is a bit of a overwhelming job at times.....
and for those of us without a mum it can be a tricky business.

I try my hardest most of the time, I know some things I could try harder..... but mostly I think I'm doing a good job. 

The kids know they are loved! thats the important bit ;)

Me & my 4 babies


Our weekends are consumed by sport at the moment - Its such a short span of their little lives that I don't mind. 10 more years time and I'll be ringing them to find out where they are and begging them to come over for a cup of tea and bribing them with home baked treats.

These days I need a good excuse to bake, I would happily do it every day but alas our (my)waist lines would greatly increase - I figure mothers day is a biscuit kinda day


Chocolate choc chip & Malted choc chip biscuits


250g Butter
1 cup raw caster sugar
tsp vanilla paste
1 egg
1 tsp baking powder
2 cups plain flour
&
Choc version - 2tbls cocoa & handful of dark chocolate chips

Malted version - 2tbls malted milk powder & handful of dark chocolate chips

heat oven to 160c fan forced

beat butter, sugar & vanilla till fluffy & light.
Add in the egg, beat till pale.
mix in flour, baking powder & flavour/ choc chips.

Roll into teaspoon sized balls and refrigerate for 30 or more minutes.

bake for 15 minutes


Voila! this mix makes about 45 little biscuits









Hopefully in the next day or so I can photograph this quilt for you all, busting to show you. Just been super busy with finishing off other quilts & patterns.
I love the owl pattern! more about that in the next post.

Happy Mothers day to all :)

Xx Siobhan

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...