About Me

My photo
Sydney, NSW, Australia
Craft/ food story Developer, Writer & Photographer for Newspapers & Magazines. first Book on Quilts out March 2015 with @Interweave All images and content belong to Siobhan Rogers, if you would like to use my images please email me.

Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Wise old Owl

Remember this Quilt ? I started it back here.

Have I ever told you how much I love my long arm machine Quilter?!? I use Kim Bradley & she is fantastic!!

I love going to her place & checking out whats going on in the world of quilting - I learn so much. 

On the particular morning I went over to Kim's with this quilt top - I was rather hazy.

 It was the end of a long school holidays, I had work piled high & sleep was much needed.

I also wasn't entirely convinced that this was one of my greatest quilt tops, It seemed a bit plain and I was concerned that your average long arm quilting was going to make it naff.

I expressed my concern to Kim - she always has an answer!

On the machine behind me was a quilt being done with a new long arm pattern......Owls!
 I love Owls!

Its the sweetest pattern ever & it gave the plain simple quilt top the perfect lift that it desperately needed.

Very happy indeed







The backing is an IKEA text print - love it and very reasonably priced.




The centre fabric is from CLOTH
and the rest is a mix of Lotta Jansdotter's Echo range, Sweetwater, Denyse Schmidt & My text fabric on spoonflower.



Its really light and fresh in its colours & design. I seem to be doing a lot of pinks & yellows together.



 In other happenings - below we have some sneaks at other work I'm in the midst of


I'm really enjoying working with the new range from Lotta Jansdotter "Bella" - Due in store in August 2012. 



Miss 5 is home sick "Helping"


and I'm testing out a template I have designed with some of my spoonflower fabrics!

all Systems go in our house!


I'm also enjoying the cold but sunny Sydney weather.

Xx Siobhan


1 comment:

Annelie said...

I would love to see the quilt that is on the bed in the photos under this quit. I searched your blog for it, but couldn't find it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...