About Me

My photo
Sydney, NSW, Australia
Craft/ food story Developer, Writer & Photographer for Newspapers & Magazines. first Book on Quilts out March 2015 with @Interweave All images and content belong to Siobhan Rogers, if you would like to use my images please email me.

Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Dolly Quilt swap





Truthfully I have never really had the need to make a Dolly Quilt - They look cute, but.....

I tend to make big quilts that go on beds.

But after having a bit of a look around and seeing the Down Under Dolly Quilt Swap flickr group - I had to give it a try.

They look cute and its nice to try tricky techniques but not be committed to a whole big bed quilt. 

Sarah Fielke has a bit of a thing for Dolly Quilts and also has a recent book that looks at the very idea above that I was talking about.

This little quilt took me two days! 

I fully intend on making a few tweaks and creating a bigger version - I love the colour combination and have some more coming my way.

I need to track down my fav liberty print - I've used it as the sashing and it was my last little bits.






first step - Choosing fabrics - searching through my scrap basket
& cutting





I could have left it at this - but decided to add some white




Then I wanted to add some fun with the tabs.

 At this stage I could have put on the binding and be done - but I decided if I had no binding the tabs could stick out.




































Hopefully fingers crossed my Down Under Dolly Quilt Swap secret partner likes it!

Xx Siobhan 





Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...