About Me

My photo
Sydney, NSW, Australia
Craft/ food story Developer, Writer & Photographer for Newspapers & Magazines. first Book on Quilts out March 2015 with @Interweave All images and content belong to Siobhan Rogers, if you would like to use my images please email me.

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

A bit of Colour


 Hi All

I've been busy making a pillow for a swap I joined, in my usual style I've made it a lot bigger than it needed to be.....I'm not good at small.
I'm considering making a smaller version to post overseas? not sure how this one will go in the post?

I've been making a few zig zag quilts lately and I usually prefer to make them from half square triangles, I like the shape and width of the zig zag.

I saw these tiles in Italy and I was looking at some Missoni designs - love Missoni. 
I decided to give a different technique a whirl.



Once I worked out my angle and cut a template it was easy. I like that I can vary the width of the zig zag.

I'm already looking at other material combinations and trying this pattern out again. I think its very Missoni-ish




I also finally got my spoonflower order of new colours and used the mustard numbers fabric on the back.


Cushion Back - Mustard Numbers Fabric
Liberty & Mustard Numbers


here you can see a little tiny bit of a quilt that will be in the Dec/Jan 2011 issue of DownUnder Quilt


finished cushion size is 75cm X 75cm



I'd also like to say a big thank you to all the  people that support my blog!

Its always so nice (& a surprise) to see my blog on other peoples blogs (mouth full)


I'd like you to leave a link in the comments to your blog and next post I'll post a list

until then

Xx Siobhan




1 comment:

Kelly in Chicago said...

This is stunning! Great color choices! I know it's a pillow top, but I love it! I could only love it more as a full quilt top! Nicely done! I've pinned it to my "Quilty Goodness" board on Pinterest (with proper credit, of course!). Feel free to follow me if you'd like: http://pinterest.com/lipglass/quilty-goodness/

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...