About Me

My photo
Sydney, NSW, Australia
Craft/ food story Developer, Writer & Photographer for Newspapers & Magazines. first Book on Quilts out March 2015 with @Interweave All images and content belong to Siobhan Rogers, if you would like to use my images please email me.

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Apples

Lots happening in our household, the beginning of winter sports - goodbye saturday morning sleep in/ hello beanie,gumboots,coffee and a bacon & egg roll at 7am.
Family coming to visit from Ireland over the weekend which I'm looking forward to.

 A few projects on the hop that need to be finished and most exciting - I'll be teaching a class at Calico & Ivy Balmain next term, so I'm doing my prep work for the class. 
My Classes will be on a Thursday 10:30 - 1:30 and fortnightly (five classes all up).

Calico & Ivy



The class list etc will be emailed out to everyone on the email list later this week, so sign up if your not already on the email list - not many places in the classes so you will need to be quick sticks or you'll miss out.
I picked up some lovely Liberty of London fabric today from Calico & Ivy Balmain. I'm starting to do my examples for the class and I will be using the Liberty Fabric. 






Below are the Quilts we will be working on,The class is still being nutted out a bit - but I want to encourage Improv Quilting using simple shapes and also looking at structure and colour  technique in the log cabin.


Scrappy Quilt - Improv

Be Square Quilt - Log Cabin




for more info in regard to class content check out Calico & Ivy towards the end of the week.
These quilts suit both beginner and Advance students. The possibilities are endless.

 
Xx Siobhan

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...