About Me

My photo
Sydney, NSW, Australia
Craft/ food story Developer, Writer & Photographer for Newspapers & Magazines. first Book on Quilts out March 2015 with @Interweave All images and content belong to Siobhan Rogers, if you would like to use my images please email me.

Monday, March 21, 2011

Lovely Linen

 Here we have the Linen & Liberty & Anna Maria Horner fabric I was working on. 


It's a perfect baby cot size or Lounge throw. It's lovely and soft because of the sparse hand quilting. Binding was done in Liberty of London and Anna Maria Horner fabric. 


I pre washed my linen in hot water and put it through the dryer, usually I wouldn't bother but because I was hand quilting and not densely I wanted the linen to stay put! no shrinking please.


Very easy - I would highly recommend you give it a go!
I wanted the hand quilting to  look very naive, I used a number 8 perle cotton and also doubled it over for thickness.


The back view of the quilt with the hand quilting showing through :)
Usual pile of Quilts hanging around somewhere in our house


Miss 4 had to get in on the photo action - never one to miss out.



This is a chair I'm thinking of upholstering  with some quilting...... I have two of them (the blue one),




Till Next Time Xx

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...