About Me

My photo
Sydney, NSW, Australia
Craft/ food story Developer, Writer & Photographer for Newspapers & Magazines. first Book on Quilts out March 2015 with @Interweave All images and content belong to Siobhan Rogers, if you would like to use my images please email me.

Friday, January 20, 2012

Sydney summer sunset & a scrappy quilt

What a glorious day in Sydney,on these types of days its nice to go for a walk after dinner with the kids and take in the beautiful harbour.

& of course bring a quilt or two to photograph ;)


The Scrappy Quilt is bound & finished!


must admit It was a very slap together affair with this quilt. 

When I made it I felt like making something and wanted it done quickly - I also happen to have lots of fabric scraps that I wanted to use up.

So this quilt is perfect for using up scraps and also for a quick project 



Its now in my favourite pile!
I really really like it.




I had this one long arm machine quilted by Kim Bradley


My "go to" long arm quilting pattern is this figure eight pattern.

I like to have a pattern that doesn't take away from the quilt top. A while back I looked around at shop quilts and noticed they usually had a similar all over repeat pattern. I had also taken a liking to Denyse Schmidt who has quilts quilted in a very similar style.



beautiful Sydney Harbour from the northside









This quilt is a large single bed size (or really a double bed)I like my quilts to hang over on the bed not just sit on top.










hope your all having a great day

Xx Siobhan

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...