About Me

My photo
Sydney, NSW, Australia
Craft/ food story Developer, Writer & Photographer for Newspapers & Magazines. first Book on Quilts out March 2015 with @Interweave All images and content belong to Siobhan Rogers, if you would like to use my images please email me.

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

template making my way

Lone Star Quilt

lots of different ways to tackle this bit of the quilt - this is my way.

you need will need some baking/ tracing paper, sticky tape,your ruler and a maker.



with a ruler draw the lines to mark out your triangle space



add in a 1/4 inch seam allowance on the outside.
The template needs to be 1/4 inch bigger than the space don't forget the bottom as well! it also needs 1/4 for what ever is next -eg another boarder or even just binding



mark the middle and cut 


Voila! decide how long you want your template to be - I've made mine short in this picture(finishing at the end of the star - I will actually make it longer after thinking about it, I want more room for machine quilting)


next is your corner square - same process as above





auditioning fabrics


I've changed my mind about the fabric I had chosen 
- I'm off looking for a lighter fabric 
maybe a chambray? or robert Kaufman shot cotton?? 

I will need around 1.5 - 2 meters of fabric, depends on the star size and how fussy you are at cutting etc.

I'm off!

Xx Siobhan

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...