About Me

My photo
Sydney, NSW, Australia
Craft/ food story Developer, Writer & Photographer for Newspapers & Magazines. first Book on Quilts out March 2015 with @Interweave All images and content belong to Siobhan Rogers, if you would like to use my images please email me.

Monday, February 13, 2012

Trash or Treasure









Recently our area had a household rubbish collection, We had a huge purge of all sorts that had been stashed in cupboards/garage & shed for far too long.









I've also been reorganising the kids rooms, some of their furniture had been with them for a while and was showing signs of "use" - one of our children who will not be named ;) had a penchant a few years back for writing her name - everywhere!




This table was destined for the throw out pile.

I then felt a bit guilty, Throwing out a perfectly good table just because it was a colour I no longer liked and had some 4yr old graffiti on it - That didn't seem a good enough excuse. 

Especially since I was looking at replacing it




The plan was to sand it back a bit - find some paint in the shed & voila new table!





The plan changed ever so slightly after a trip to Murobond paints where I spied some chalk paint, $38 later......






so my old awful table has turned into a pretty cool chalk table top with white legs

now all the kids want one......























what else can I paint..........


Xx Siobhan
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...