About Me

My photo
Sydney, NSW, Australia
Craft/ food story Developer, Writer & Photographer for Newspapers & Magazines. first Book on Quilts out March 2015 with @Interweave All images and content belong to Siobhan Rogers, if you would like to use my images please email me.

Sunday, March 22, 2015

Donuts and dyeing





Autumn has me cooking and crafting, I taught my usual Sydney classes last Thursday and Friday at Hobby Sew Top Ryde 
and alternate Fridays at Kim Bradley Creations Castle Hill 

and then the beginnings of kids sports .... Soccer gala, Soccer game, Rugby gala, Soccer game.
We have a couple of weeks till netball starts.....

All in all a busy couple of days - but good time was had by all and even better it was a little cool and drizzly - yes I said drizzly was good.

Everyone was happy and cozy and I made doughnuts - I've been meaning to make them for weeks. I made a cake type doughnut way back for a christmas story and I have been meaning to test out doughnuts made with a yeast dough ever since. I did a quick google and found a doughnut dough recipe on Taste.com 

I couldn't find my small cookie cutter for the inside hole of the doughnut..... and decided at the last minute to make Jam doughnuts.

The only change to the recipe from taste was that I cut the circles of dough using the large cookie cutter and then covered the tray of circles with a tea towel and left them to rise for half an hour or so and then shallow fried them in a frying pan. 

When the doughnuts had cooled I used a piping bag to pipe jam into the centre of the doughnuts and then sprinkled them with icing sugar...... Not pictured are some doughnuts I piped Nutella into..... Not pictured because they were eaten quickly! 

actually none of the pictures are that great because no one would let me take pictures!

These are all from my Instagram









and more food.... This weekends Sydney Saturday Daily Telegraph should have another of my recipes in it - I'm talking about waste and getting kids into using up left overs.


The other activity of the weekend was Tye Dyeing. 

The girls found some white T'shirts and calico bags - I found the bucket of dye supplies and that happily occupied most of Sunday afternoon. Ill write a how too post next...
but here is a look at some more Instagram pics








I'm off to post an order of Pom poms


I currently have my pom poms marked down from $15 per meter to $10 per meter
use the code 
pompom 
at the check out for a $5 discount per item in the accessories section in my shop.
The pom poms are 100% cotton, large and hand made in India.

and the code
winteriscoming
for a 30% off any item over $300 in my shop


Thanks
Siobhan R
Xx



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...