About Me

My photo
Sydney, NSW, Australia
Craft/ food story Developer, Writer & Photographer for Newspapers & Magazines. first Book on Quilts out March 2015 with @Interweave All images and content belong to Siobhan Rogers, if you would like to use my images please email me.

Sunday, October 9, 2011

Sticking with the classics


Hi All

I've settled back to routine nicely :)
Kids back to school today & everyone cheery 

Playing with fabrics today - working out what to do next!

sometimes I get overwhelmed by my stash of fabrics and colour choices, I think thats why I always have a go to fabric.

I have no real intention of being a fabric designer, when I design and print fabrics on spoon flower the intention is usually to make a fabric that will mix n match with designer fabrics - I dub these my "classics". 

When I say classic - I mean something that will have a staying power from season to season, something that will mix with new designs - a fabric that will go with everything.

If you look at most of my quilts/ cushions - they all have a bit of my own fabrics in them.


below are some I received in the post today, 

I needed a few more colours to mix up with my stash. 

Mustard, red, turquoise, pink & grey

if you'd like to have a look they are all on my Spoonflower shop



and here we have some IKEA fabric, this is going to make some great cushion backs


Im desperate to put some of my mustard numbers & black/white/grey text fabric with the IKEA fabric - Love the combination

This matches beautifully with a new lot of Liberty fabric I picked up!

Looks like I have some sewing to do

Have a good week :)

Xx Siobhan

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...