About Me

My photo
Sydney, NSW, Australia
Craft/ food story Developer, Writer & Photographer for Newspapers & Magazines. first Book on Quilts out March 2015 with @Interweave All images and content belong to Siobhan Rogers, if you would like to use my images please email me.

Friday, November 11, 2011

progress, mail & a recipe :)



Great day all round for me!

Its one of those days that if I could repeat, I'd happily do so :)






my starry night wonky star quilt is progressing very nicely, I'm at the stage now of deciding what type of sashing & maybe some other bits??







I also


  received my pillow from my Secret swap partner in the Pillow Talk Swap.
Wow it is awesome! 
so very lucky with my swap partner :)



I was lucky enough to have Adrianne from Little Bluebell as my pillow maker.
Have a look at the link if you would like to know how she made the pillow etc
How lucky was I!



The pillow came all the way from San Jose (Dion Warwick music here, have a listen it'll make you smile)
Hence I had to take a picture of the pillow in its new home Sydney!

now onto the 

Spinach Pie
recipe as promised 


My spinach pie recipe is a bit of a slap together affair, but here is the general idea

Set the oven at 180c fan forced

I have used a baking dish 31 X 26cm, anything around that size will be fine.I use a baking spray - mainly for fatty reasons - to stop any sticking, butter for greasing would be extra tasty - up to you which you choose.

Ingredients

1 375g Packet of filo Pastry
500g Ricotta 
250g crumbed feta
6 eggs
250g grated tasty cheese
100g parmesan cheese
500g frozen chopped spinach defrosted
pinch of nutmeg
salt & pepper to taste
1 onion finally diced
1 leek thinly sliced
tsp dried thyme
3 sticks celery finely diced
Handful of herbs in season chopped (I used fresh parsley,mint,oregano & thyme from my veg patch)
olive oil
cooking spray



Place the onion, leek, celery & dried thyme in a fry pan and cook on a low heat with a few table spoons of oil till soft & translucent. Add in the spinach and mix through letting any excess moisture evaporate, add in the fresh herbs.Let the mixture cool.

Place all other ingredients in a large bowl and mix to combine, add in the fry pan mix. Mix well.

roll out your filo pastry being cautious to not let it dry out and get crumbly.
I used three layers of filo at a time - spray it with cooking oil* and lay it into the baking dish covering the bottom/ sides and over hanging the edge, repeat until you have only three layers of filo left, try to make it even.
*another method would be to brush the pastry with melted butter.

pour into the baking dish with filo your ricotta mix, place the last three sheets of filo on top and roll over any filo that is over lapping the baking dish edge. Spray with cooking spray,


Bake for forty minutes or until golden and crispy. Let it set for 30/40 minutes out of the oven until you cut into it - to let the centre set.



All of that feed our family of 7 with a small piece left for lunch the next day.

It really is a simple pie and the kids love it.

I'm off to stare at my starry night quilt & figure out what to do next

Xx Siobhan

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...