About Me

My photo
Sydney, NSW, Australia
Craft/ food story Developer, Writer & Photographer for Newspapers & Magazines. first Book on Quilts out March 2015 with @Interweave All images and content belong to Siobhan Rogers, if you would like to use my images please email me.

Friday, November 18, 2011

Starry Night Quilt


I have finally pieced the front of my 
Starry Night Quilt

What do you think?

Its definitely bright


Sydney had a few days of drizzle & rain this week, then yesterday was very steamy & hot. 

Our area has lots of Jacaranda trees & currently they are all in bloom - it looks fantastic, I'd love to have an aerial view and look down on the north side of Sydney harbour.

After the rain a lot of the flowers drop and truthfully make a bit of a mess, especially on the footpaths - but gosh it looks beautiful - It will only last a day of two before it all goes brown and mushy, especially with the hot thats coming this weekend.


with that in mind I had to get the starry night quilt top out & photograph it, these opportunities don't come often


If you look back at my original post, I have all the info on material used. 

Anna Maria Horners "folksy Flannel" might be tricky to get hold of, but looking at Anna Maria Horners new "Loulouthi" Flannel I think you would get a similar result. 

I have actually ordered from pink chalk some of the Loulouthi range to make the back and binding.




the top measures 65 inches X 65 inches

I have the sizes etc down below :)
If you want to give it a go, I have used the improvisational method of piecing the big & small wonky star

let me know if you would like a tutorial on the wonky star block - if I get enough interest I'll put one up.



Wonky Star NEW NEW


I'm off to enjoy the sunshine

Xx Siobhan

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...