About Me

My photo
Sydney, NSW, Australia
Craft/ food story Developer, Writer & Photographer for Newspapers & Magazines. first Book on Quilts out March 2015 with @Interweave All images and content belong to Siobhan Rogers, if you would like to use my images please email me.

Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Boys.........





I am so surprised at how many of my fabrics have pink in them, it isn't until I go out to specifically make a boy quilt that I notice.

I know boys can have a bit of pink - my older boy actually likes pink.

Its just when its a new born baby - I'm always conscious of "boy" colours and "girl" colours.

Its a little awkward when some one takes a peak in the pram and says "oh isn't she a beautiful girl, look at those eyes" and its a boy. I speak from experience. 

Anyway needless to say my new born baby quilts are always very stereo typical in gender colour selection.















Fabric choices have improved substantially - even over the last year. Maybe its a trend thing?  thankfully there are lots of great graphic prints out that are perfect "Boy" quilting fabrics. The text print I used is one of my own available on Spoonflower


Xx Siobhan 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...