About Me

My photo
Sydney, NSW, Australia
Craft/ food story Developer, Writer & Photographer for Newspapers & Magazines. first Book on Quilts out March 2015 with @Interweave All images and content belong to Siobhan Rogers, if you would like to use my images please email me.

Sunday, October 28, 2012

Windham Fabrics Houston Quilt Market 2012


I'm home plodding along - working on some new quilt patterns and the usual family stuff. Whilst a whole bunch of other people in the Quilting Community are over in Houston at the Trade show - Quilt Market!

Whilst I'm not in Houston one of my quilts is :)

Going back a month or so....

When I was in New York I popped over to Jersey City to Vist Windham Fabrics, I had been doing some quilt design work for them and thought it would be nice to put names to people and have a look around.

I also picked up some fabric to make a quilt for the Houston Quilt Market which is currently in full swing!

This range is called "Phoebe". The full range has 13 print and 5 solid fabrics. I added in the yellow as the backing.

When you don't have yardage it can be tricky to piece together a quilt. I was given mostly samples and cuttings - I went with a random large piecing to try and show off all of the new line





I really like the purples with grey and white.



I nearly added a bright red backing which looked great too - but yellow won out in the end, It reminded me of a painting I saw at the MOMA when sight seeing.

Artist Joan Mitchell from The MOMA New York 






















I would have liked to use more of the light colour prints as binding - it looks lovely and fresh, 
the only reason I didn't do all the binding in the light print was because I ran out :(







Below are some pics of Windham Fabrics Head Quarters 






 Me with wonderful Lara!

I wish I had more time to hang out - everyone was so nice & fun.

If your interested in stocking or using the "Phoebe" range give them a yell
and if your at the Houston Quilt market right now then go check out the Windham Fabrics booth :) tell them I said hello!





 here are some other fabrics I took home with me :)











I was looking through my other picture, one week is no way near enough time to see everything - Hopefully I'll be back again soon 















 Xx Siobhan 





No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...