About Me

My photo
Sydney, NSW, Australia
Craft/ food story Developer, Writer & Photographer for Newspapers & Magazines. first Book on Quilts out March 2015 with @Interweave All images and content belong to Siobhan Rogers, if you would like to use my images please email me.

Thursday, November 8, 2012

bit of Baking - Flourless Chocolate cakes :)



Hi 



It's that time of year where I seem to be constantly baking something - kids stuff - family stuff - school stuff and it will keep going till just around new year. 


I've made this batch of cakes several times over the last few weeks - its the easiest fool proof recipe I know and it tastes delicious.

Today I feed 6 teen boys lunch and this was the requested dessert.








 


Over the years its been adapted from several recipes.
This is my version. You will find lots of different versions all over the place 


This mixture will make 24 individual cakes

Ingredients

180g salted butter
300g good quality dark eating chocolate
1 1/4 cups of raw caster sugar
100g hazelnut meal
1 cup cocoa powder
5 large eggs

Preheat the oven to 150c. 
Place the sugar, chocolate and butter in a saucepan over a low heat and gently melt until smooth.
In a mixing bowl place the almond meal and cocoa.
Add the cooled chocolate mixture to the dry ingredients and beat to combine.
Add the eggs one at a time whilst the beater is going and mix each egg in well (the mixture will be warm and you don't want the eggs to cook).
Once all the eggs have been beaten into the chocolate mixture you will have a glossy stiff mixture, using a table spoon - spoon the mixture into your muffin pan.

I recommend using a patty case or baking paper in your muffin trays as I have done for the photos.

Bake for 25 minutes



The serving size is on the small size as the cakes are incredibly rich!!

Serve with Clotted cream and fresh raspberries





Enjoy Xx Siobhan 

2 comments:

Janet Archibald said...

This looks wonderful - I'm always on the lookout for flourless desserts, I just need to get that kitchen scale!

Siobhan Rogers said...

Thanks :) I wouldn't worry too much about weighing the butter - just guess and use the cutting marks on the packaging & buy the 100g almond meal it measures 1 cup! It's a very forgiving recipe

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...