About Me

My photo
Sydney, NSW, Australia
Craft/ food story Developer, Writer & Photographer for Newspapers & Magazines. first Book on Quilts out March 2015 with @Interweave All images and content belong to Siobhan Rogers, if you would like to use my images please email me.

Sunday, August 21, 2011

No rules

or some but not many!

I found myself cruising the net last night, its been an age since I've made time to do it.
I rediscovered my favourite's and original motivation to quilt.

I love the idea of improvisational quilting -   the list is endless but I'll mention two that specifically inspire me. 
Thats Denyse Schmidt and the quilters of Gee's Bend, honestly the list does go on and on Looking at an era I loved the 30's 40's............ 

I'll stop there. This could have me going on a bender about all the stuff I like. 

No one wants that!

I wanted to make a quilt out of scraps and material that had been sitting around, I also had an itch to sit at my machine and mindlessly sew. 

 

I cut my fabric selvage to selvage in strips - no measuring just cutting away




I put them all together and this is what I have so far!


this took me about 3hrs


I've made the length right for a single bed but the width is short about 20inches.

Next I'll be cutting it into strips and adding some solid fabric to make it wide enough


I'm off to dinner!

more on this quilt and The lone star this week

Xx Siobhan


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...