About Me

My photo
Sydney, NSW, Australia
Craft/ food story Developer, Writer & Photographer for Newspapers & Magazines. first Book on Quilts out March 2015 with @Interweave All images and content belong to Siobhan Rogers, if you would like to use my images please email me.

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Working & Design


My favourite bit of all this blog/ quilt thing is getting to work with people who make great fabrics.





through out this year I have been working with the talented people from Cloth Fabric and experimenting with the Working CLOTH quilting range and here are some of the results.

Some new and exciting stuff is happening at CLOTH, a new range of quilting fabrics as well as a beautiful collaboration between Julie Patterson & Lucy Simpson - a local Sydney Indigenous designer (looking forward to making an awesome quilt with that fabric!)



The Zig Zag quilt above is in the current Down Under Quilts Magazine issue #149

I'm so very impressed with the team at Down Under Quilts! they made everything look just perfect.

It has the full pattern/ details if you would like to make it.









I think at the moment especially with these quilts, I am making the material do the talking - the design and lines of my quilts are simple. 

The larges format of the images and the colour combinations are what makes the quilts special.









Keep an eye out for more quilts & patterns with Working CLOTH Fabrics.
& please if you make anything - send me an email! I'd love to see what you do.


on another note 

I'm teaching at Calico & Ivy Balmain thursday 1st Sept, nice way to see in spring :)

and I'm off to London, Venice, Florence, Rome & Paris in a week or so......... 


Xx Siobhan


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...