About Me

My photo
Sydney, NSW, Australia
Craft/ food story Developer, Writer & Photographer for Newspapers & Magazines. first Book on Quilts out March 2015 with @Interweave All images and content belong to Siobhan Rogers, if you would like to use my images please email me.

Sunday, March 11, 2012

Another Baby boy Quilt


I'm trying to build up a stash of simple boy/ girl baby quilts for gift giving.




I riffled through my fabrics and came up with this combination for a boys quilt. 

I tried to stick with all similarly scaled dots/spots & added in the larger scaled spots for interest. The red fabric was for a pop of colour.

looking through my largish collection of fabric is a bit like looking through my wardrobe, I had a lot of "what was I thinking" when I bought that moments!



The idea for this little one partly came from Katie of Sew Katie Did, Katie has some fantastic ideas when it comes to half square triangles & her use of solids is amazing. 

I also saw some art at the London Tate Modern gallery last year that was very graphic and a similar style. This little book also caught my eye whilst I was at The Liberty of London store.

Inspiration for quilting patterns are everywhere

If you have a link to share with a similar quilt - please leave a link in the comments. Its nice to see what other ideas are out there.



I like the randomness of it & the bits of red



I'm quietly enjoying our new clean back area of the house, especially the wall of book shelves.
I didn't really take before pictures or blog the process of our little renovation, we have so much more to eventually do - like the bathroom laundry & kitchen.....

for now I'm happy with a lot of light and white walls. I've added in a small pic below for you to see a little of a before & after.





I'm still moving furniture around & looking out for a few bits and pieces to add.
It all takes time.



Anyway back to the quilt top....

I need to think about how to machine quilt it


Xx Siobhan

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...