About Me

My photo
Sydney, NSW, Australia
Craft/ food story Developer, Writer & Photographer for Newspapers & Magazines. first Book on Quilts out March 2015 with @Interweave All images and content belong to Siobhan Rogers, if you would like to use my images please email me.

Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Baby Boy Quilt



I made an extremely quick quilt today 




I used half square triangles to create a zig zag pattern - easy piecing & very quick to come together



This quilt is for a new little boy born last weekend !

I wanted to mix my colours up a bit - I tend to play it safe and use lots of grey. 

I saw a little girl wearing a yellow & navy outfit yesterday and it sparked my interest. 

Navy blue & yellow makes me think of the 80's!? anyone else?

I used two Saffron Craig fabrics, then a mix of some solids that I had.

Hopefully it fits in nicely in its new home.



I usually go with a grey colour thread for my quilting, no matter the colour of the fabric.
Today I tried to match up threads with the fabrics, I wanted to do some fairly messy uneven quilting and didn't want the thread to stick out too much.




I went for a navy blue binding to frame it all and a spotty fabric for the back





not bad for a few hours work :)






Xx Siobhan

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...