About Me

My photo
Sydney, NSW, Australia
Craft/ food story Developer, Writer & Photographer for Newspapers & Magazines. first Book on Quilts out March 2015 with @Interweave All images and content belong to Siobhan Rogers, if you would like to use my images please email me.

Saturday, March 31, 2012

Autumn changes

Its amazing how the change of season has an impact on my productivity.

The height of the sun in the sky, the lovely golden light and warm - but not too warm days.....
lots of baking

Im in designing heaven

I'm currently working on 3 quilt designs for a few fabric houses, sorting out my own cushions that are being sold on my etsy store & taking commissions for quilts.



 I have also been playing around with the idea of modern fresh fabrics in traditional patterns
I have sample blocks strewn all over the house. 




I was also reading Denyse Schmidts new book "Modern Quilts - Traditional Inspiration". The images are lovely and quilts beautiful. Denyse talks a bit about her love of contemporary furnishings and design and how she felt that bedding wasn't being showcased in the same arena.

I nearly fell off my chair!
It was like she had read my mind.

I know you can buy some nice bed linen and bed covers - but nothing beats a patchwork quilt.




anyway!

Here is yet another look at my cushion panels that I have designed and had printed.

I have been to Paris three times in the last three years, its lovely to go back. 

I always stay in St Germain des Pres - I have all my favourite spots, the florist in the cushion panel below being one of them.


cushions made & designed by me.
painting by Dorothy Napangardi


Cushion Panel - St Germain des Pres


I'm also a bit addicted to instagram

am I the only one that loves the in between season?


Xx Siobhan

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...