About Me

My photo
Sydney, NSW, Australia
Craft/ food story Developer, Writer & Photographer for Newspapers & Magazines. first Book on Quilts out March 2015 with @Interweave All images and content belong to Siobhan Rogers, if you would like to use my images please email me.

Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Holiday Blog - Playing Tourist in my own city - Sydney


We are currently on winter school holidays here in Sydney. The temperature is a lovely but chilly 16c.

Often between work - kids & school I don't get out and about in my own city & I forget that we have some great stuff to see. 

I have a long list of things I'd like to see over the next two weeks whilst the kids are on break. 

I've finished up most of my magazine work, leaving only paper work to do and treating these holidays as a staycation - Tourists in our own city.

Today I packed up the kids and headed over to Cockatoo island located in Sydney Harbour.

We met up with friends - five adults and twelve kids!
Everyone had a great day.

Cockatoo Island is part of the current Sydney Biennale. I've added a few pictures of some of the art installations.

If you have a chance to check it out I highly recommend it & you never know who you will bump into! I was surprised at how many people we saw including having a quick chat with Saffron Craig - Sydney is such a small town...












































































Not sure what day trip is next...... Any suggestions?

Xx Siobhan







No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...